Jump to navigation Jump to search
If you are uploading an audio file:
- In most cases, if you have access to raw or losslessly compressed audio, you should re-compress it as an Ogg FLAC (a FLAC stream wrapped in an OGG container) and then upload it directly to Wikimedia Commons. Here's a typical command line when using the standard FLAC encoder:
flac --best --ogg -o name_flac.ogg name.wav
- FLAC is lossless and supports a variety of metadata and multichannel audio. This is the common case, so Commons Archive is not expected to have a lot of audio files.
- If your compressed Ogg FLAC file is over 100 MB, you can upload it here temporarily while seeking a file size exemption on Wikimedia Commons.
- If the original audio file contains data that cannot be easily transferred into the FLAC format, upload it here in the original format.
- If you do not have access to the raw audio, only to audio that is already lossy compressed in some format other than OGG, upload it here in the original format.
This category has only the following subcategory.
Media in category "Audio files"
The following 13 files are in this category, out of 13 total.